Happy Wednesday Friends,
Last week I told you
all the benefits of using coconut oil. Now the question is, how do you
specifically use it. I am so excited for this post. I am a very
organized person. One thing you’d notice about my home is that I don’t
have a lot of stuff. I like when “one size fits all.” Coconut oil is my
go-to product because it can be used for so many things.
Uses for Beauty
- Cuticle oil: Softens and strengthens cuticles, and soothes/prevents hangnails.
- Eye makeup remover: Use it to remove makeup, even waterproof mascara.
- Reduces wrinkles: Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Defrizzer: Use to defrizz and smooth fly-aways. Works especially well on dark hair.
- Deep conditioner – Coconut oil works extremely well as a conditioning treatment, especially as a pre-shampoo hair repair mask.
- Natural deodorant: You can dab some under your arms plain, or mix it with baking soda.
- Toothpaste: Use it as an ingredient, with baking soda, for homemade toothpaste. Good for gum health.
- Sunscreen (SPF): It doesn’t sound like it, but coconut oil has an SPF of 4-6. And if you use it while tanning, it prevents skin damage due to its antioxidant and moisturizing properties. DOUBLE WHAMMY!
- Body scrub: Mix with a little sugar or sea salt for a yummy, moisturizing body scrub.
- Lip balm: Hydrating on dry or cracked lips. You can try mixing it with shea butter to make it richer.
- Foot/Heel softener: Softens and smooths dry, cracked heels.
- Facial cleanser: Massage in like any facial cleanser and rinse with a cloth.
- Body butter: Coconut oil is a great moisturizer by itself, but for even more pampering, whip it into a homemade body butter using a kitchen mixer.
- Aftershave: Men can use this on their face, and for ladies it is amazingly soothing on legs and the bikini area.
- Massage Oil:Just melt some down.
- Elbows: Improves look of dry dark elbow patches.
- Shaving “cream”: Just use it in the shower like you would with shave cream/gel, or apply it before shaving normally as a pre-shave preparation.
- Bug repellent — Just mix with a few drops of peppermint oil and apply to skin.
- Stretch mark oil — Use it on your pregnant belly to prevent stretch marks. It also works on stretch marks to reduce their appearance.
- Fades age spots
- Tattoos — Aids in healing a new tattoo, and regular use prevents the ink from fading.
- Cellulite!
Have you fallen in love yet? I
feel like this is the fountain of youth for woman! SERIOUSLY. I don’t
know about you, but every problem area I have on my body was mentioned
on that list and can be fixed with coconut oil. So don’t just keep a
jar in the kitchen, put one in your bathroom too.
Happy Rubbing,

No comments:
Post a Comment