Hello Friends,
It’s mid-September but
if you’re down South like me, it’s still hot. It sucks because I’ve
run out of all my creative summer dishes. To be honest, it’s getting a
little boring.
If you’re like me and
need something different to throw into the mix, I’ve got it for you.
Ironically as a health coach, I’m not a huge salad fan, mainly because
of the whole texture thing. I don’t like things messy with the
crunchiness of a salad. Hard boiled egg, avocado, or fruit??? Forget
about it! Yes, I already know I’m weird but I know there are weirdos
out there with me, right? Do I hear crickets?
ANYWAY… this salad has
amazing crunch to it, and that’s all there is, crunch. So I can snack
on this whenever and I actually enjoy it, instead of forcing myself to
eat it because I know it’s good for me.
Jicama Salad
Ingredients:
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1/3 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 handful of spinach leaves
- 2 cups jicama, peeled and julienne
- 1 c. thinly sliced radishes (about 8)
Method:
Whisk first 5
ingredients in a small bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
Toss spinach, jicama, and radishes in a large bowl. Add dressing and
toss to coat. Serve.
Optional Add-Ins:
Chia seeds or pumpkin seeds can be sprinkled on top.
Kid Prep Suggestions:
Of course after
washing their hands, they can get their hands really dirty and toss the
salad with their hands. If you have any additional ingredients, have
them sprinkle it on top.
I’d Like To Know…
Do you have any texture aversions? Share in the comments below.
Today’s Tweetable: Here’s a Jicama Salad Recipe to end summer with a bang!
Happy Eating,

No comments:
Post a Comment