Hello Friends,
Do you ever have
a childhood craving creep up on you, that just appears out of
nowhere? For me, the crazy thing is they’re so strong and intense that
you feel like you have to have it NOW! Seriously, I’m not being
over-dramatic. In fact, the thought consumes me and sometimes it’s all I
can think about. Am I crazy?
Where I’m going with
this is basically I had a craving pop up out of nowhere this last week.
There’s this apple dip my mother made growing up that seriously made me
want to eat apples. You didn’t have to force me, and I really wanted
the apples for the sole purpose of tasting the dip.
You have no idea how good it is. Powdered sugar, cream cheese…. ok, maybe you have a little idea
Fast forward to now being a health coach, I still want it but I know
the effects it can have on my body. No bueno! As a regular person who
still struggles with those cravings, I don’t think you should have to
deprive yourself.
The answer… my
Protein-Pumped Fruit Dip. I substituted a few things out and it was
actually really good. My family as well had a taste of it and they
devoured it too.
Protein-Pumped Fruit Dip
Ingredients:
- 1-6 oz. container of plain, unsweetened, Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. nut butter (I love peanut butter but if you’re watching your waistline I’d recommend almond butter)
- 1 tbsp. honey (or a few drops of stevia; to taste)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Method:
Mix all ingredients together and it’s ready to serve with fruit. It can keep in the fridge, covered for up to a week.
Kid Prep Recommendations:
Kids can easily mix
the ingredients together. If they’re older, they can really do the
whole thing and measure everything out. Easier on you, am I right?
Happy Dipping,

No comments:
Post a Comment