Hello Friends,
Maybe I’m the only
one with this problem, but I sometimes have a hard time figuring out
side dishes. Of course, I could just sauté some veggies up, but let’s
face it, that’s just plain boring. I figure, if I’m having this
problem, then maybe you are too…
I’ve been trying to experiment with side dishes that are both easy and have that “wow” factor. I think I may have done it here
Yes, I still get intimidated cooking for my chef husband, but even he
liked the flavors. With his high standards, if he gives a thumbs up,
then for sure I’m sharing it with you! And my favorite recipes are
those that look complicated, taste amazing, but are super easy to make.
This definitely foots the bill.
Stuffed Zucchini
Ingredients:
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/4 tsp. curry
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 heaping Tbsp. of plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. salt
Method:
Preheat oven to 400
degrees. While that’s preheating, wash your zucchini and cut them in
half, lengthwise. If you prefer, cut the tips off. Spoon out the
pulp. Give that pulp a good chop along with the onion and tomato.
Sautee the onion. When you feel the onions are done (translucent) add
the curry and give it a good stir for 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl.
Add the remainder of the ingredients and mix well. Add pulp to the
zucchini ‘boats.’ Bake for 20 minutes. Feel free to broil at the end to brown the top a little. Enjoy!
Kid Prep Ideas:
Since there’s so
much cutting and cooking with this, it may be harder to find some things
for the kids to do. They can definitely stir whenever it calls for it. They’d have a lot of fun spooning out the zucchini as well
I’d Like To Know
What are your FAMOUS go-to sides? You know I like fast and easy
If you have any recipes, share the love! If it happens to be in one
of your Pinterest boards, share the link/board with us in the comments
below.
Happy Eating?

No comments:
Post a Comment