Tuesday, 12 July 2016

Green Lemonade Juice

Hello Friends,
It’s getting hotter and hotter and I notice my body craving more cool, refreshing things.  Juice is a great way to quench your thirst as well as providing your body with the proper nutrients it needs.    Here are a few reasons why I put it into my daily routine:


5 Reasons to Drink Green Juice
1.Detoxifies the body – It’s very cleansing and assists in the removal of toxins that you absorb daily.
2.Fosters healthy weight loss 
3. Helps to alkalize the body (This is important as many diseases thrive in acidic conditions)
4. Strengthens your immune system
5. Gives you more energy (because juicing reduces the energy your body needs to digest foods)
See all the amazing goodness juice brings?  Of course, it’s too good to be true right?  Well, kind of.  I’m with a lot of people in that I HATE the way “green” tastes.  I don’t want to force myself to drink it, I WANT to drink.  My solution so far this summer has been this green lemonade juice recipe.  It still has a ton of healthy stuff in it while also tasting like something you’d actually crave.

Green Lemonade Juice

Ingredients:
  • 1-2 large apples, I like to use Pink Lady (use 1 apple for a tart drink, and 2 for a sweeter drink)
  • 1-2 c. kale (or green of choice)
  • 1-2 celery stalks
  • 1 lemon
Optional: A small piece of ginger (for a little spice)

Method:
Core the apples.  Make juice according to juicer instructions.

Happy Juicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment