Tuesday, 12 July 2016

Mexican Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding

Hello Friends,
Do you ever settle down after a long day, eat dinner, lounge on the couch and come to realize you’re missing something?  I do this time and time again!  As much as I try to fight it, I just want my dessert.  It really doesn’t have to be much, but I just need a little sweetness after dinner to make the day complete.  If you’re like me, but don’t want to expand the waistline, try this.
Now you might be asking, why chia seed pudding?  Well, there is so much beauty in chia seeds, why not add a little nutritional oomph to your dessert? 

5 Reasons You Should Eat Chia Seeds
  1. Great source of protein – over 20%!
  2. High in soluble fiber. (Translation: Flattens your belly and helps you “go.”)
  3. Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids.
  4. They’re high in antioxidants.
  5. They’re an all-natural , nutrient-dense, thickening agent. Use it in soups, stews, eggs, dips, yogurt, smoothies and baked foods to thicken your dish.
Mexican Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
(Dairy Free)

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 c. chia seeds
  • 1 c. non-dairy milk
  • 2 Tbsp. cacao or cocoa powder
  • 1 Tbsp. raw honey or maple syrup
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • pinch of cayenne (optional) 
Method:
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight for at least 8 hours. Transfer mixture to blender and blend until completely smooth. If pudding is warm from blending, return to refrigerator until chilled. 

Happy Eating,

No comments:

Post a Comment