Tuesday, 12 July 2016

Basic Green Juice Recipe

Hello Friends,
We are in the dead heat of summer now.  My body can’t get enough of water, but my taste buds sure can.  I need a little spice in my life, if you know what I mean  
Juice totally fits my sweet cravings, my quench for thirst, and most of all my vitamin intake.  How awesome is it that I get all that from a cup o’ juice? 
And although I love browsing recipes (especially on Pinterest) it’s nice to have a base for my juices.  Some days I’m too lazy to look for a recipe so it’s nice to have a basic rule for my favorite drink.  

Basic Green Juice Recipe:

Ingredients:

Base: Celery, Cucumber
+
Leafy Greens (Choose one or more of the following): Romaine lettuce, spinach, kale, collard greens, cabbage, or dandelion
+
Fruit (Choose one or more of the following): Green apple, green pear, lemon, lime, or grapefruit
+
Other optional add-ins: Broccoli stems, sprouts, ginger, cayenne pepper, or wheatgrass shot  

Method:
Wash all ingredients.  Cut to fit into juicer.  Juice and drink like there’s no tomorrow.

Why Juice?
  • Instant shot of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients to your blood supply.
  • Gives your digestive system a breather.
  • Removes fiber meaning you can pack a ton more veggies in juice than you ever could a smoothie.
Happy Juicing,

No comments:

Post a Comment